Monday 25 October 2010

My Raleigh story in Photos (Part II)

Hello readers! Sorry for the stagnant state of my blog, but I have been extremely busy since coming back to London. Have been bogged down by settling in my new flat, getting internet connection, finding a part time job, and of course, studying (To be fair, I haven't been doing much of it since term started XD).

Finally, I got the camera cable from my brother (since I left mine back in Malaysia), so here are some selected photos of phrase 1! Its only a selected few, for more photos, please check out my facebook. For phrase 2 and 3, I am debuting my photos here, so stay tuned!


Phrase 1 : Kindergarten project at Kampung Maliau Layung

This village is located at Pitas district in Sabah. Sabah is the poorest state in Malaysia, and Pitas is the poorest district in Sabah, so you can imagine la.

This is the first time Raleigh is working in the village. Thus, our team has the mission to complete the foundations of the kindergarten and break the ice between the villagers and Raleigh venturers.

This is the kampung.

Photobucket

Photobucket


And this is our work site. I took this photo after a few days of work, so you can see that most of the main poles are already up. We started with completely flat land with some tree stumps.

Photobucket


One week later, joices went in.

Photobucket


While we take a break.

Photobucket


By the third and last week, the floorboards went on and we took our breaks lying on the wooden platform.

Photobucket

Of course, its not all just construction work!

We also tried to teach some english to the kids.

Photobucket


Made giant dominoes game set with some extra help.

Photobucket


Some had a mudfight in the middle of heavy rain, which later became apparent that it wasn't a very wise choice at all because villagers pee and poo everywhere ;)

Photobucket


At the end of 3 weeks, the villagers organised a farewell party for us! Out comes the traditional gongs.

Photobucket


The traditional dance.

Photobucket


Before we left, we made sure to leave our mark.

Photobucket


Good bye Kampung Maliau Layung! I will be back soon :)

Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

Currently a student in London. Loves travelling, day-dreaming, pigging out on good food and dancing. I think one of the greatest blessings of life is to wake up in the morning without an alarm clock. Having a great time means a deep and meaningful conversation with friends. Absolutely hopeless in networking, words doesn't come out if I am pressured to talk. But if I feel like talking, you would wish you never had ears ;P

Something else to read

What's on your mind?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP