Tuesday 25 November 2008

Water : Source of Conflict, Tool of Development

This is my favorite. Nice postcard given out during the conference.





22nd Nov 2008 (Saturday)
Attended the above conference at Hong Kong Theater, LSE.
It was the second time I stepped into this theater. The first time was during undergraduate registration.
This is one of the nicest theater in LSE although it is quite small in size. I really love the carvings on the ceilings.

Anyway, here are a few snapshots that I stole during the ongoing conference.


Also, I took some brochures and magazines placed out for us.
The conference really opened my eyes to the water crisis around different parts of the world. In fact, one of the speaker spent 10 minutes describing in absolute enthusiasm about the water agreement dispute between Malaysia and Singapore some years back! Haha...

Another weird fact I found out, we can save up to 70% of our daily usage of water just by being a vegetarian!

We then had a case study and workshop, where we had to role-play different groups of people in Uganda and had to come up with a solution to solve the crisis in the country. It was good fun as it was a first time for me.

When it all ended, we headed to a local pub to socialize with other participants... In my opinion, that was the best part of the conference. We had a really good conversation about integrating business and profits in the efforts of reducing environmental pollution. Deep huh? Well... To be honest, I mostly listened and just gave a few random comments between the gaps.

Although I got lost finding my bus stop (hehe..), and missed my dinner, it was definitely worthwhile. I will be coming back for more.

0 comments:

About Me

Currently a student in London. Loves travelling, day-dreaming, pigging out on good food and dancing. I think one of the greatest blessings of life is to wake up in the morning without an alarm clock. Having a great time means a deep and meaningful conversation with friends. Absolutely hopeless in networking, words doesn't come out if I am pressured to talk. But if I feel like talking, you would wish you never had ears ;P

Something else to read

What's on your mind?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP