Monday 22 December 2008

Day 1 in Barcelona



Hey guys, I am back from Barcelona! It was one of the best times I have had in my life~
Here goes...

Day 1 (17th Dec)

Our flight is at 9.55pm from Luton Airport (situated around an hour drive away from London).  My travel companions (In Sook, Zhu Lian, and Man Ho) and I left at 3pm to catch the Green Line bus to Luton Airport. It costed us 14 pounds for a return ticket. 



While waiting for the bus

Introducing the Green Line bus to Luton Airport!

In the bus




Arrived at Luton Airport at 7-ish pm. Checked in. Hanged out at the food court, had dinner. Then proceeded to the gates.  Docked the plane and off to Barcelona! 

The first thing when we touched down at Girona Airport--> Wind the clock back an hour! Its 10pm now... 
We then paid another 21 euros for a bus from Girona Airport to the city center... That took around an hour as well.  Alas, although Ryan air sells really cheap flight tickets (36 pounds in this case), we had to spend alot more on transportation to and from the airport. But it is still cheaper than other airlines.... 

Reached Barcelona and took the metro to our hostel, BCN backpackers Casanova.  We brought a T-10, this allows us 10 journeys for the price of 6. The good thing is, we are allowed to pass the ticket for others to use, unlike London's oyster card--> one card for one person.  


Waiting for the metro


Inside 

When we reached our stop (Urgell), we stood at the doors and waited for it to open.... But it didn't.  As we started to get worried, a local standing just next to the door reached out to a lever at the door and pulled..... All of us felt soooo embarassed!! Apparently, we were supposed to open our own doors!  HAHA... Many thanks to the gentleman! We would have missed our stop and still be wondering why the doors didn't open if it weren't for him. 

When we arrived at the hostel, I quoted my name to the receptionist to check in.  He gaved me a somewhat confused look and said : 'We are not expecting anyone to come in at this time.'  

I gave him my booking reference.  He then said I made a mistake in my booking and could only come in at 10am, ( which means 9 hours later)!  Oops!! Where are we going to spend the night?? I don't wanna sleep on the streets!!!

Luckily, the recepionist (I later found out his name is Federico) was a very helpful person and tried to get us four beds.... After some clicking away and resuffling, we get a place to rest! I felt soooo relieved.... I would have felt so bad if we really had to roam the streets until 10am.... After all, it was my silly mistake.  


The hostel. This was taken in the morning. 

My bed ( the lower deck). Upper deck belongs to In Sook.

My locker

We retired to recharge our energy for tomorrow.


Day 2 coming soon!

0 comments:

About Me

Currently a student in London. Loves travelling, day-dreaming, pigging out on good food and dancing. I think one of the greatest blessings of life is to wake up in the morning without an alarm clock. Having a great time means a deep and meaningful conversation with friends. Absolutely hopeless in networking, words doesn't come out if I am pressured to talk. But if I feel like talking, you would wish you never had ears ;P

Something else to read

What's on your mind?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP