Tuesday 23 December 2008

Day 2 in Barcelona~~ Part 1

7.30am - Woke up. The room is so freaking cold... They must have on the A/C instead of a heater.

Our first stop -- The cathedral in Barri Gothic.


I only took a photo of the top of the Cathedral because the lower part was covered with a large advertisment banner. WTF


When we were about to leave, the guys wanted to use the washroom. On their way there, they discovered a garden within the Cathedral.


After that, we stopped by to get some Churros with chocolate. Yummy!

Next stop, Palau de Musica.

Trust me, it doesn't look like much from the outside. But this is the most magnificent and impressive performing stage I have ever seen... Not that I have seen a lot of stages anyway~~ But judge for yourself....

No photos were allowed inside, so i extracted an image from a website.

It looks far better in real though.

Also in here, I found the smallest door lock ever!

However, this small lock is pretty common in Spain.

We then headed to Santa maria church, but it was pretty disappointing since we have been to the bigger and better cathedral.


I don't knw what structures are these. Just snapped away because it looked nice.

Later, we went to the coast line to enjoy the wonderful weather of Barcelona. The sun was shining~~ but it wasn't hot and humid like Malaysia. Instead it was cool and sunny.


Lunch time!


Our first meal in Spain. Paella and Tortilla Patatas.

The paella was quite good although I would prefer it less soggy. The potato omelet was a let-down though, mum makes better potato omelet!

After lunch, we walked down La Rambla, a street with souvenir stalls, cafes, and performers. What performers? Let me show you~~

I actually wanted to finish posting the whole of day 1 in 1 post, but just realized it was too long. we really did visit many places in day 1... no wonder my feet ached badly when i went back... Anyway, part 2 of day 1 will be up soon! Thank you for reading!

0 comments:

About Me

Currently a student in London. Loves travelling, day-dreaming, pigging out on good food and dancing. I think one of the greatest blessings of life is to wake up in the morning without an alarm clock. Having a great time means a deep and meaningful conversation with friends. Absolutely hopeless in networking, words doesn't come out if I am pressured to talk. But if I feel like talking, you would wish you never had ears ;P

Something else to read

What's on your mind?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP