Friday 5 December 2008

Finally! My first art gallery~~

Just came back from Tate. They open till 10pm every first Friday of the month, AND they give half price tickets for the ongoing exhibitions. This month's was the artworks of Francis Bacon. The normal student price was 10.40 quid, but for today only, we got in for 5.20q. Not bad huh?

Hmm... How should I describe Francis Bacon's art? It was definitely odd, gross, nightmarish, powerful, depressing(maybe)... Loads of screaming and gaping mouths, as if they were in terrible agony. Distorted human depiction ( Male nudity in particular)... Dark and sombre colors... Here are a few of his works I got off the net:



I think you can now imagine the entire atmosphere and mood of the exhibition.

After the exhibition, we spent an hour or so at the galleries which were free of charge. I certainly enjoyed the paintings there... There was a particular painting of a family on the hills, dancing in the sunset. It took my breath away.... I was totally mesmerized by the colours of the sky, all the red, yellow, and orange hues~~ I hope one day, I will be able to witness a sunset like that.



Don't ask me, I have no idea why its there. Looks like a mouse's skeleton sitting behind a gold machine gun. Randomness....






1 comments:

Cai Yi 5 December 2008 at 18:19  

i want to go... bring me there next time

About Me

Currently a student in London. Loves travelling, day-dreaming, pigging out on good food and dancing. I think one of the greatest blessings of life is to wake up in the morning without an alarm clock. Having a great time means a deep and meaningful conversation with friends. Absolutely hopeless in networking, words doesn't come out if I am pressured to talk. But if I feel like talking, you would wish you never had ears ;P

Something else to read

What's on your mind?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP