Thursday 1 April 2010

Good old Japanese food

I used to love Japanese cuisine, but my fiery passion for it died when I discovered something new --> Korean cuisine (Probably due to its spiciness, endless amounts of side dishes and how ppl in the movies/dramas look so greedy in every meal scene).

So when my cousin invited me to a Japanese restaurant with her friends 2 days ago, I was estatic! Its been a long time since I had a proper Japanese meal, and I really do miss it.

We went to 'Sushi Bento' near Southgate station (in zone 4).

Here is the menu of the night!

Starter 1:

A wooden boat filled with sushis and sashimis. The boat comes with a sail attached! But you can't see it in this photo XD


A close up shot of what's on the boat. We wholloped everything in 10 mins (there were 6 of us btw). All ingredients used were extemely fresh, a pre-requisite for good Jap food ;)



Starter 2:


Another sushi platter.
The 'salmon and salmon skin roll' (two outer rows of sushis) is the best amongst all.




Starter 3:

A variety of sashimi dipped in a sourly sauce. The sauce is really really really tasty :p



Main courses:

'Nasu den' - Grilled aubergine with sweet bean paste. 2 thumbs up!


'Ebi Tobikko' - grilled fresh king prawn with Tobikko mayonnaise sauce.
I thought it tasted just like normal mayo XD


'Kinoko yaki' - Baked wild Japanese mushroom in light butter sauce.
I am proud to be a mushroom lover!


No introduction needed for this I suppose? Its the all famous Unagi bento!


Seafood ramen in chilli based soup. Kinda spicy.


By the way, we had 2 portions of each main course listed above. What a bunch of hungry monsters!



Dessert:

Green tea and Black Sesame flavoured ice cream.
I prefer Black Sesame, Green tea was too thick for me.



Oh, there was this too:
Sake!


Had a sip to taste. Didn't like it though XD Alchohol never taste nice to me.



We left the restaurant with a super full tummy........ and 28pounds lighter in our wallets.

Sorry for neglecting you for a long time my old friend, I will start to go Japanese restaurant hunting again soon! I promise ;)


Dear Ler, I am sure you are having a great time in Rome now.... thats including loads of good food. So, we are fair!!

2 comments:

Unknown 1 April 2010 at 04:09  

ehh look soo nice! wahhh *Drooooolls* worth the journey all the way to zone 4 huh? ;) bring me there when you're back? :))

Anonymous 17 May 2010 at 06:46  

Really enjoyed reading your blog and I am so glad you posted this for everyone to see.
I've been to Sushi Bento twice with my other half since it opened and we've both thoroughly enjoyed the food, or should I say experience.
The pictures you took really do express the effort that goes into the presentation and that, for me, makes all the difference.
I know we'll certainly be going there a lot more in the near future.

About Me

Currently a student in London. Loves travelling, day-dreaming, pigging out on good food and dancing. I think one of the greatest blessings of life is to wake up in the morning without an alarm clock. Having a great time means a deep and meaningful conversation with friends. Absolutely hopeless in networking, words doesn't come out if I am pressured to talk. But if I feel like talking, you would wish you never had ears ;P

Something else to read

What's on your mind?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP